Friday, May 13, 2011

"I'm Bored!"

I'm Bored! Do you ever hear this at your home?
I've been reading a book called The Family Managers guide to Summer Survival and they have a bunch of wonderful ideas.
One idea that I'm doing is putting together a craft box. Here is the list of items I want to include in this box. That way when the kids say I'm bored I can have a bunch of things they can play with but also ideas for things they can do with it.

Tape
Glue
Construction paper
Stickers
Pipe cleaner
stickers
googly eyes
stencils
clay
glitter
chalk
crayons/markers
Tempra and acrylic paint
paintbrushes
white and colored paper
smock (old shirt)
brown paper bags
buttons and beads
rick rack
egg cartons
Styrofoam cartons
magazines/ newspapers
Popsicle sticks
toilet paper and paper towl tubes
pom poms
finger paint
balloons
bean bags
paper plates

I know my kids also like floam and dot art.

That's not even the whole list but you get the idea.
So I'll include a list of little things they can do such as: Making flying saucers. Taping two paper plates together and gluing a paper bowl to the top to make a cabin for the crew. Color aliens etc. and then making a landing pad. Toss them to see who's lands closest to the pad.

Or Recycled boats: Using the fast food style foam containers poke a hole in the top. Add a stick and a sail make from construction paper and have a race.

There are also a list of science projects and bug adventures listed. I wish I could list them all the activities but there are so many it would take me forever. I just thought it would be a good idea to get a craft box together before the kids are out of school.

What other items would you put in???

3 comments:

  1. Here are some more ideas:
    http://www.tipjunkie.com/crafts-boredom-busters/

    http://tipjunkie.com/the-dog-days-of-summer/

    http://tipjunkie.com/activities-for-kids/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What time does the park group meet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's at 10:00. But you can always go a bit before and stay later :)

    ReplyDelete