Monday, June 6, 2011

F is for Fathers and Flags

So I'm curious if anyone is reading these posts? I haven't seen any comments or other ideas for awhile.

For "F" day we are making flags and learning about them on the internet since I had it scheduled for June 14th which is Flag day. Do you know what Flag day is? It's the day the flag was adopted as the US Flag. (I didn't know that, did you?)

I think with my kids I'll have them draw their own flags and post them to small dowels. We could have our own flag parade :)

With Fathers day coming up you can have your kids make fathers day cards or think of a way to make fathers day special. Maybe make a Fathers Flag to use as a centerpiece for that special day.

Here is a fun site for a craft they could make for dad as well: http://familyfun.go.com/fathers-day/fathers-day-crafts/

As for a treat idea... making our own French fries (it was the first that came to my mind...plus their my favorite :)

Theres Figs, Fish (swedish Fish of course, I don't think kids would go for fish as a snack), Fruit, flapjacks, or fudge, the possibilities are endless.

Please share your ideas for F day.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the tape measure idea was cute for father's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a brainstorm a little bit ago about a craft for Father's Day that you might like: take some of the crafter's clay (the kind that you can bake) and have the kids help you roll it into little balls. The do one of the following: using the child's thumb and forefinger to hold the ball of clay, put a toothpick through the center. Make sure the kids squish the clay flat around the toothpick so that their fingerprints are firmly and distinctly showing; or use the child's thumb, press the ball of clay onto a tie tack blank (make sure that again, the thumbprint shows clearly and that the tie tack blanks are securely seated in the clay). Bake according to directions. The tie tacks can be used to help give a Father's Day tie (my husband still loves getting them, don't ask me why since he hardly ever wears them) or to make a watchband special for Dad (Like the ones you see for sale for women all the time...just use a masculine colored clay and leather). Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete