Thursday, July 7, 2011

P is for Painting

Did you know you can buy end rolls at the Herald Journal for 1 dollar. There are still lots of paper left on them too. Great for little artists.

There are so many things you can paint or paint with. My kids love to paint with pudding although most of the time they eat their drawings. My kids also love Dot art. I bought a set when I saw them in Branson Missouri, you can check them out at this site: http://www.dotart.com/

We already did this for M day but at Walmart they have a cute set of six plastered animal magnets they can paint. They also have face paints pretty cheap.


Another kind of painting my kids like is to paint the bathtub. Just add a drop of food coloring into a bowl of shaving cream. Plus it leaves the bathtub smelling nice he he.


Did you know you can paint with milk? I saw this idea on friends blog a few years ago and had to try it. Just add a couple drops of food coloring into a couple tablespoons of milk. Draw on bread with clean paint brushes. If your like me and soggy bread doesn't sound appetizing, toast the bread. I have painted green leprechaun feet on my kids sandwiches for St. Patrick's day for the last couple years, they get a kick out of it. You can do the same for the different holidays (heart for Valentines, bunny for Easter etc...)

I think it would be fun to put that paper from the rolls all around the fence and let the kids paint like crazy with some washable paint. Then spray them off when they are done. Although my search for a cheap washable (won't stain) paint has been unsuccessful. If you have ideas, please share.

Here is a site for some Preschool paint recipes: http://www.perpetualpreschool.com/paint.html

1 comment:

  1. Add dish soap to tempera paint- or any paint really- and it will help it be washable!!! Plus it stretches the amount of paint. This is what the preschools do so they don't send home really colorful kids! Have fun! Thanks for the idea on the paper from the Herald Journal. I had wondered where we could get the big rolls from for cheap!

    ReplyDelete